Saturday, February 9, 2013

Welcome to Eat To Live!

Hi All!

I'm Cori, a woman on a mission! I have found such a passion for the foods I eat and really want to share my knowledge with others. This year I'm changing the way I do things and I'm hoping to help a few more people along the way.

Welcome to Eat To Live, where we are all about changing our lives and stepping up to the plate! I'm sure you are thinking, shouldn't we be stepping AWAY from the plate if we are trying to eat better...the answer is NO!

 I want you in the kitchen, I need you to spend more time in this area than ever before, this NEEDS TO BE YOUR DOMAIN! Once you learn the basics you will not have to 'live in the kitchen', but until then, turn up the radio, put on your movin' groovin' shoes, and start placing all of your food out on the counter.


If you are like most normal Americans you probably have some of this on that counter of calories... 

Don't worry there are foods to replace this sugary disaster.

Once all your food is out in front of you take a look at the things you spent your hard earned money on. I bet there is enough sugar there to make Willy Wonka blush!

Start Sorting/Purging~ Put all the foods you feel are good choices back in the fridge and cabinet. Now look at the rest....donate that stuff NOW! Run out the door and take them to someone who needs the food.

Now that your cabinets look like you are at the age of 19 again, moving in your first home...all bare and empty. Just think -that is the last time you are throwing money away! The foods you start buying will be "your friend", you can hang out with them any time you want...in moderation that is.

Go grab some paper, a pen, and meet me back at your fridge!

Recreate the image below, or email me at eattolive2013@gmail.com and I will send you the same attachment I use every week.


Create a shopping list of foods you can eat! Leave the list on your fridge so that every night as you are cooking you can add to the list. Normally when you are in "your new domain" you will notice things you are lacking.

 I will cover foods I buy in a seperate post and also how I break down the list, but for today I want you to get all your chickens in a row by getting organized.
*This doesn't cost money...just your time.*
 TIME WELL SPENT!!

As well as getting organized, I want you to step into this with a clear mind and open heart. Do not let yourself give excuses. Those excuses are road blocks stopping you from getting to your destination. A destination where your awesome new body is waiting for you to show up! Don't make him/her wait too long!

I hear a lot of the same things over and over SO.......

Let me rant now then we will all move forward with smiles on.
Pant check....do you have your big girl pants on today?
You are going to need them.

~~I do NOT want to hear, "Cori, I don't have time to cook, plan, or spend any time changing my life...I'm too busy".

My response,  "Do you have time to watch tv, do you ever sit on your couch, do you sit in your bed for ten minutes, do you dry your hair or put your makeup on in the mornings. What about a break at work, do you eat lunch, do you hit up a drive thru? What about date night, do you have those, do you visit your significant other, go to a bar, tan, talk on the phone? Do you spend time stalking people on Facebook or gossip about the latest in your home town with friends, family, or co-workers? You can not tell me you are busy 24 hours a day....I know because I used that line WAY TOO LONG! If you said yes, you have time.

 If you want a new life, if you dream of sitting in a room of people without thinking, "Is this chair strong enough for me" or "I want to have the body to wear those clothes", then you WILL make time. You will stop hanging out with friends, stay up 20 minutes longer, drive past McDonalds, tell your honey bear that you want to spend more time planning meals so that they aren't planning your funeral two decades early. If people love you they will understand and if you love YOU-well you will delete or alter the things that are taking up too much time.

"Cori, my boyfriend doesn't like healthy foods so I can't cook things that are good for me when he comes over." Hunny you WILL and CAN cook healthy foods for ANYONE that enters your home. They will eat if they are hungry...promise! After having only healthy foods and continuing to cook better choices they will come around or get lost. Leave that Hamburger Helper on the shelf all that is doing is adding more love to those handles on our belly....not attractive!

Please understand I am a full time student, have a job, four animals, a boyfriend, attend 2 Bible studies, administer a Facebook group, have homework, a huge family, and friends. I make time or disappoint someone. Ask my friends....they have been told 'NO' so many times, but I make my health a priority.

NOW THAT WE HAVE COVERED SOME OF YOUR EXCUSES LETS MOVE FORWARD. When that brain of yours tries to crank out a "but I can't..."-shut it down!

 Told you it would sting a little, but I love you and want you on that loosers bench with me!

Get organized: I plan my meals for the month...then break down my grocery list into the first two weeks and the last two. (I can also send my month of meals sheet your way) This is what it looks like.



This is simply a guideline to give yourself ideas of what you could cook. Having things written down will inspire you to try them and your brain won't come up short on ideas after that long meeting on Tuesday afternoon. I suggest always putting in a simple soup or oven bake meal on your list in case you aren't feeling like a champ one night. I will give you my ideas later and all the foods I cook are easy and quick.

Now that I have made you blush and shift in your seat a bit, go investigate your food...read the labels! Check calories, sugar, protein. You will be shocked to see what is so bad. We want to aim for foods high in protein. Work on the month of meals list. See how many healthy foods you can come up with. Have a good meal idea? Leave it in a comment or email me! I'll try it and post about it on the blog.

Next time we will cover what you should eat, drink, and aim for. I'll show you what I just bought at the store and maybe even some of my dinners.

Until next time, be the best you can be!

XOXO
Cori










No comments:

Post a Comment